"FOR THE BIRDS" - How to Order Your Unfinished Bird Houses
Create your "FOR THE BIRDS" Art for the annual Neighborhood Center For the Arts Bird Art Event by decorating and embellishing one or more of your specially ordered, unfinished, bird houses. Combine them as you will into a unique "village" or work with just one bird house. We supply the houses at no cost, but ask in return that you donate a finished piece in time for our auction. If you cannot complete the piece please return the bird house so it can be used by others, or for our art programs.
Fine Print follows:
Fine Print follows:
- See downloadable, printable (pdf and .doc formats) order forms below. You can use the .doc version to complete on your PC and then attach your order to an email. Or just cut and paste into your email. Or you can snail mail the form, or leave it at the NCA office in an envelope available at the display of sample birdhouses. .
- Address your completed request form to the attention of:
Christi Coffee- Program Assistant email@example.com,
200 Litton Drive #212, Grass Valley CA 95945.
- You will be notified by email or phone when your order is ready for pick-up at NCA.
- The bird houses are made of rough sawn cedar. Often with a few tight knots. They can be easily sanded (80-120-180 grit sequence works well) and sealed with a good wood primer such as Zinnser 123 Bulls Eye Primer and Stain Killer. Or you can work with the texture, which has its own appeal.
- All houses will be assembled (nailed and glued) as a default.
- Please specify if the bird house is NOT to be assembled (for pre-sanding, finishing, ease of embellishment, or modification of the structure.)
- Please specify if you want the large base like the one shown on the Chalet model, but feasible for a number of other models.
- All houses will have a removable base inset into the bottom of the house for cleanout if to be used as a functional birdhouse. All "Gabled" (upside down "V") roofs will be removable and located by a pin in the structure. This will allow for cleaning, or it may be used as a storage nook. If you want the roof to be fixed for hanging. then a bead of water proof glue (Tite Bond II or III) and a few finish nails will do the trick. Note the removeable roof can simplify sanding of the body of the house if a finer finish is desired.
- Deadline for delivery of finished art to NCA September 21st.